- What Personal Information About Customers Does Four Pawns Publishing Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Four Pawns Publishing Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Four Pawns Publishing?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected - Information You Give Us
- Examples of Information Collected - Automatic Information
• Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping and other features for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Four Pawns Publishing.
• E-mail Communications:
To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Four Pawns Publishing if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive promotional e-mail from us, please update your account information or otherwise let us know.
• Information from Other Sources:
We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
• Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we will include offerings directly from those businesses on Four Pawns Publishing. In other cases, we may include joint offerings from Four Pawns Publishing and these businesses on Four Pawns Publishing. You can tell when a third party is involved in the offering, and we share customer information related to those offerings with that business.
• Third-Party Service Providers:
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Promotional Offers:
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Four Pawns Publishing customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please update your account information.
• Business Transfers:
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Four Pawns Publishing or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Four Pawns Publishing and Others:
• With Your Consent:
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.